February is known for Valentine's Day but did you know it's also Responsible Pet Owner's Month? We think these celebrations go hand-in-hand because there's no better way to show your pet love than by being a responsible owner. From grooming and brushing teeth to practicing preventive care and teaching lifesaving commands, there are plenty of ways to make sure you're taking the best possible care of your cat or dog.
Whether you are a new owner or have a lifetime of experience, the following tips are sure to be helpful to both you and your pet, not just this month, but all year long.
- Schedule yearly or biannual veterinary check-ups
- Prepare for pet emergencies and natural disasters
- Dedicate more time to grooming your pet
- Brush up on lifesaving commands
- Make sure your pet is getting enough exercise
- Enrich your pet’s life with interactive toys and food puzzles
- Make sure your pet is getting enough socialization
- Practice preventive care
- Learn how to decipher pet body language